Author Interview - Chrissy Snyder
I am happy to have Chrissy Snyder as my interview guest this week.
Chrissy is the author of four novels in the New Adult/Erotic Romance genre.
Thank you, Chrissy, for participating in my interview.
About Writing/Books/Being an Author
1. Do you remember the first book you read that had an impact on you - in what way and what was the name of that book?
The first book that made an impact was Clan of the Cave Bear. The way the author depicted the characters and setting is phenomenal. I hope to reach that caliber someday.
2. When did you first realize you wanted to write?
I’ve been writing since the age of six. Initially it was poems and short stories. My grade two teacher commented on my love of writing stories in my report card that I just recently came across.
3. Who is/are your favourite author(s)?
I have many! Vi Keeland, Charisse Spiers and Victoria Ashley just to make a few. I adore Maya Banks and Nora Roberts as well.
4. What is your favourite thing about writing? What is your least favourite thing about writing?
I love losing myself in the story. It’s like a movie reel playing in my head and I’m living the story with my characters.
I dislike the technical part of writing: grammar, editing etc.
5. Where do your ideas come from?
News, music and watching people.
6. I’ve often found that creative people have more than one talent, what is yours?
I used to be in a band. I played keyboards, drums and guitar. We even made a record.
I love music....
7. If you could jump inside a book for one day (as an observer) what book would it be?
The Handmaids Tale
8. When you create characters are they completely made up or do they resemble or remind you of people you know?
Usually made up but a few resemble some people I know.
9. Have you ever created a character “out of thin air” only to run into someone in real life that reminds you of that character either in personality or their features?
Yes! I began a book with this idea of a character in my mind. Then I met them and was able to flesh the character out more fully.
10. How do you come up with titles for your books?
It starts with my “theme” or message that I want to send and then I draw from that.
11. What are you working on now and can you tell us about it?
The book I’m currently writing is titled Save Me. It takes place in a fictional place called Heavens Fall. It’s a romance with some dark undertones (sex trafficking) It’s more prevalent than people think. I’ve had great feedback from my beta readers.
12. Have you won any awards for your writing/books and if so what?
None to date.
A Little More Personal
13. What is one thing you haven’t done but would like to do?
Travel more -explore cities, cultures and different foods.
14. Can you tell us about an embarrassing/funny moment?
Yikes. I’m a self-described nerd who often finds myself being clumsy or awkward or saying something awkward. But I laugh at myself.
A few years back I had lost some weight, and I was really proud of my accomplishment. I went out and bought a new skirt and jacket for work. That morning I sashayed (yes I was feeling that good about myself) into work - waving hello to people as I went. I even stopped in the coffee line. From there I went to the elevator and when the doors opened I could clearly see myself in the mirror. It appeared as if I wasn’t wearing any bottoms as my skirt had ridden up...and NO ONE said a word to me. I hopped into that elevator completely mortified yet laughing and tugged that skirt down.
15. Have you ever experienced something weird you could not explain?
I often get into the car singing and once the car starts the song I’m singing is on the radio.
16. Are you superstitious? Do you have any rituals for good luck?
I’m not superstitious but I like to put love and kindness into this world. I believe you get what you give.
17. What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten?
18. Do you have a favourite vacation spot? Where?
Cuba. The people are amazing and the beaches are gorgeous.
19. Can you tell us about one of your favourite childhood memories?
Staying with my grandparents over the summer.... the smell and feel of the starch she put into the sheets.
20. What makes you happy?
My hubby, two kids and my dog. I love life.
21. If you aren’t writing (or doing anything associated with writing), what are you doing?
Listening to music and cooking. I love to cook! Just don’t ask me to bake....it never turns out.
22. Have you ever met anyone famous – who?
My band was invited to the after party for Platinum Blonde. I have a picture where I appear to be absolutely in love with one of the band members.
Find Chrissy on Amazon